REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR THE 2021 OBOD Southern Hemisphere Assembly
Important Note: The form on this page will be accepted as an Expression of Interest in attending the 2021 Assembly. Please answer all ten questions, as it will help us make decisions based on numbers.
Due to the ever-changing conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic, final prices, a full booking form and cancellation policy will be announced in early 2021. A final decision regarding the staging of the event will be published on or before 10 June 2021.
You must be a member of the Order of Bards, Ovates & Druids (OBOD) to attend the Assembly, or be a partner of an attending member, be sympathetic to the OBOD principles and over 18 (or accompanied by a parent/guardian). Visit https://druidry.org for more information on OBOD.
If you would like to receive Assembly updates via a private Facebook group, please enter your Facebook user name:
Do you plan to attend the Assembly?
Definitely Depending on Covid Depending on other factors
How many people will be in your party (including you)?
ACCOMMODATION & CATERING
Those who attended the 2015 Assembly will be familiar with Bribie Retreat Centre - a private, comfortable and relaxed venue within walking distance of a beautiful beach and acres of bushland. More information is here: https://www.gobribieisland.org
There are three Accommodation options available:
- Dormitory-style cabins sleeping up to 8 people. Each cabin has its own bathroom, and one cabin is disability accessible. Numbers will be spread to have as much room as possible, but no private rooms are available on-site. Bedlinen is available for an additional fee, or you can bring your own.
- Camping for tents or caravan/campers is available on-site.
- For those preferring a private room, Bribie Island Caravan Park is available next door to the venue. Those wishing to stay there will need to organise their own accommodation directly with the park, and will only pay the event and catering cost to attend the Assembly. http://www.bribieislandcaravanpark.com.au
There are three Catering options available:
- On-site catering - for those staying on-site, the event is fully catered. There will be no self-catering option available this year. Campers may bring and prepare food in their own campsite, but there will be no attendee access to the kitchen.
- The caterers have offered us the opportunity of a fully balanced vegan and nut-free menu (which looks amazing) for the entirety of the weekend. Gluten free, and those requiring meat or dairy over the weekend will be catered dietary options (ie select when booking). Cost per meal will be approximately $13.50 (which includes dishwashing!!). The breakfast and lunch fee includes morning and afternoon tea respectively (ie if you book a breakfast you get morning tea as part of the cost).
- Off-site - if you are staying off-site, there are a number of cafes and shops within walking distance of the venue and caravan park. Please ensure you allow ample time if eating off-site.
Would you be interested in:
Standard Dorm Cabin (catered) Accessibility Cabin (catered) Self-contained camping Camping with catering Staying offsite (next door caravan park or other option), Unsure at this stage)
How would you travel to Assembly?
Car Plane Train/Bus Not sure Needing transport assistance/advice
In the event of cancellation
Will 10 June 2021 be sufficient notice if the event is cancelled due to COVID restrictions?
Yes No Not sure
If the face-to-face event is cancelled, would you be interested in attending an online event, similar to SHOBODO 2020 but including private ticketed activities, for a reduced price?
Yes No Not sure